Who we are
Sindan Motorcycle Accessories is a subsidiary of Sindan Electrical Trading and operates the www.sindanmotorcycle.com website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the Sindan Motorcycle Accessories website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, email, transactional data and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact, identify you and process your transactions.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
All Media (Video and Images) uploaded by you are publicly accessible, and you should abide with the United Arab Emirates Laws of online Media usage.
Media uploaded by you does not in any way reflect Sindan Motorcycle Accessories vision/mission or any of its subsidiaries. The only section you are allowed to upload Media is SMA Blog which is a representation of customer stories only.
We may collect data such as but not limited to your name, email, telephone number and postal address for the purposes of managing our relationships with customers, communicating with customers, keeping records of those communications and promoting our products and services to customers.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The relevant plugins are: Optin Monster and Google Insights
Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with anyone except for providing you with service you requested. Your personal data will be used to process your order and support your experience throughout this website. We may share your data with our payment gateway for the purpose of completing your payment transaction and with our shipping company for the purpose of delivering the goods you have purchased through our website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We are located at Al Soor textile market block B office 403.
Telephone number :+97165728786.
For the purpose of providing you with better customer experience, we have included an option to create an account with us for your coming visits at our website. The data we will be collecting is not limited to your name, email, company name, address
How we protect your data
All our systems are encrypted with high level security and our staff our trained to deal with you data in a secure manner.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Where a privacy data breach is known to have occurred (or is suspected) any member of SMA staff who becomes aware of this must, within 24 hours, alert a Member of the Management in the first instance.
The Information that should be provided (if known) at this point includes:
- When the breach occurred (time and date)
- Description of the breach (type of personal information involved)
- Cause of the breach (if known) otherwise how it was discovered
- Which system(s)/File(s) if any are affected?
- Whether corrective action has occurred to remedy or ameliorate the breach (or suspected breach)
- Assess and determine the potential impact
Once notified of the information above, the Member of the Management must consider whether a privacy data breach has (or is likely to have) occurred and make a preliminary judgement as to its severity.
- Criteria for determining whether a privacy data breach has occurred
- Is personal information involved?
- Is the personal information of a sensitive nature?
- Has there been unauthorised access to personal information, or unauthorised disclosure of personal information, or loss of personal information in circumstances where access to the information is likely to occur?
- Criteria for determining severity
- The type and extent of personal information involved
- Whether multiple individuals have been affected
- Whether the information is protected by any security measures (password protection or encryption)
- The person or kinds of people who now have access
- Whether there is (or could there be) a real risk of serious harm to the affected individuals
- Whether there could be media or stakeholder attention as a result of the breach or suspect breach
- SMA Management to issue pre-emptive instructions
On receipt of the communication by the relevant member, the Management will take a preliminary view as to whether the breach (or suspected breach) may constitute an NDB. Accordingly, the Management will issue pre-emptive instructions as to whether the data breach should be managed at the local level or escalated. This will depend on the nature and severity of the breach.
The relevant Member must:
- ensure that immediate corrective action is taken, if this has not already occurred (corrective action may include: retrieval or recovery of the personal information, ceasing unauthorised access, shutting down or isolating the affected system); and
- submit a report to the Managing Director within 48 hours of receiving instructions. The report must contain the following:
- Description of breach or suspected breach
- Action taken
- Outcome of action
- Processes that have been implemented to prevent a repeat of the situation.
- Recommendation that no further action is necessary
The Member will be provided with a copy of the report and will sign-off that no further action is required.
The report will be logged by the Admin Coordinator.
Having regard to the Memeber team’s recommendation above, the Managing Director will determine whether there are reasonable grounds to suspect that an Breach has occurred.
If there are reasonable grounds, the Member must prepare a prescribed statement as soon as practicable (and no later than 30 days after becoming aware of the breach or suspected breach).
If practicable, SMA must also notify each individual to whom the relevant personal information relates. Where impracticable, SMA must take reasonable steps to publicise the statement (including publishing on the website).
The prescribed statement will be logged by the Admin Coordinator.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept Cash On Delivery payments only